Planning and Environment
In order to protect your property assets you will need to ensure that planning permissions and other environmental consents reflect your needs. Understanding their full impact requires commercial judgement and experience, as well as an in-depth knowledge of the law.
Our experience extends from householder development to complex arenas such as marine related development and town centre redevelopment projects.
In relation to your planning proposals our approach is to fully understand your objectives from the outset, so that our advice can be tailored to your needs.
Some of the services offered
- Negotiating planning consents
- Concluding planning and infrastructure agreements with local authorities
- Promoting policy initiatives
- Advocacy at planning appeals
- Judicial challenges to the grant of planning permission and other consents
- Advice and advocacy in relation to enforcement action by a planning authority
- Planning enforcement issues and Certificates of Lawfulness
- Compulsory purchase, including compensation
On the environmental side our expertise includes
- Environmental liabilities
- Contaminated land remediation and development
- Waste management
- Defending prosecutions by the regulatory authorities