International Probate Services
Our International Probate Services team helps executors, beneficiaries, trust companies, lawyers, stockbrokers, banks, accountants and other professionals, in addition to private individuals, with probate, wills and estate administration involving cross border issues. The international trusts and foreign probate team at Lester Aldridge solicitors are experts in foreign assets, estates and international probate law.
We can work with you to overcome the difficulties and problems which may result from having assets in a jurisdiction outside your normal country of residence.
Prominently our team assists with obtaining probate in estates of persons who have a non-UK domicile, registration of death over bank accounts, stocks and shares, and property both within the UK and other jurisdictions. We have a wealth of experience and knowledge with regards to international inheritance issues and international estate administration.
We can help with all aspects of succession in international and cross-border situations, including:
- Resealing foreign appointments, probates and letters of administration or their equivalent
- Obtaining letters of administration and grants of probate
- Administering deceased estates involving assets situated in the UK, Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, the Republic of Ireland, North America and most other major global jurisdictions
- Arranging for affidavits of foreign law
- Advising on death duties, conflicts of law, domicile, succession and cross-border issues across all major global jurisdictions
- Preparing wills
- Tracing beneficiaries, valuation requests, shareholding histories, income and capital gains tax, dividends and other distribution payments
- Providing Medallion Signature Guarantees for the administration of North American securities
- Advising on succession law and will structuring