Individuals or businesses may often be required, or may wish, to attend an inquest. There are certain circumstances in which representation is essential, and for those who may be unfamiliar with the process, it may at the very least be desirable. We have great experience in providing advice prior to and representation at inquests, and then dealing with all of the issues that may arise from them.
In recent years, LA has represented a wide range of clients at some substantial inquests. We represent a wide range of interested parties, from family members to business owners, insurers and public bodies. Notable recent inquiries in which our team members have acted include inquests into fatalities in care homes, during construction work at Wembley Stadium, in an aeroplane crash, and resulting from a gas explosion.
LA's service to you may include:
- Advice to interested parties or witnesses about procedure in this changing area of law
- Reviewing any insurance cover
- Preparation for inquests, to include, if appropriate, instructing experts or engaging with the coroner
- Representation during the inquiry itself
- Making representations to authorities who may prosecute for criminal breaches, and handling any criminal proceedings which may result
- Dealing with claims for compensation flowing from fatal accidents or other injury, and providing legal representation in court