Charities and Legacies
Consistent and realisable legacy income is a vital asset to any charity.
Converting legacies into cash flow is not always straightforward, as delays and problems can frequently arise during the course of an estate administration.
We have therefore developed a dedicated Charities Legacy Team who provide support, training and advice with all aspects of dealing with probate matters and protecting your legacy income such as:
- Challenges to the validity of a will
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Ex gratia payment requests
- Problematic executors
- Addressing avoidable losses to an estate e.g. excessive fees
- Disputes over the interpretation of wills
- Assisting you with the administration of estates (including liaising with agents and third parties on your behalf)
- Dealing with tax issues and liaising with HMRC
- Dealing with foreign estate assets
LA is proud to be a corporate partner of Remember a Charity, which was formed in 2000 and now has over 150 of the UK's favourite charities as members. As part of our ongoing commitment to charities and legacies, we have recently assisted Remember a Charity in updating both their literature and website.