Care and Care Homes
The care sector is full of opportunities but recent legislative changes have also imposed a heavier burden of compliance. We have a market leading specialist team who can ensure that you avoid the pitfalls and make the most of new openings.
Whether you need advice on issues involving care homes, domiciliary care or supported living, our nationally recognised team can give you the support you need. We also regularly advise independent hospitals and children’s home providers, helping to ensure our clients are well-equipped to meet the unique challenges they face.
Our extensive range of experience in the sector, gained over many years, means that we immediately recognise the key issues and focus on finding solutions to suit your own specific circumstances. As well as handling specialist care sector issues, we can provide a full legal backing, encompassing employment and commercial issues, dispute resolution and charity law.
We are currently the appointed solicitor to the Registered Nursing Home Association and the National Care Homes Association and have also advised the National Care Forum.
We can help with the following:
- Health and Social Care Act 2008, its associated Regulations and CQC Guidance on compliance
- Registration under the new legislation
- Dealing with regulatory action
- Supported and Assisted Living
- Employment law issues
- Safeguarding investigations and suspension of local authority placements
- Coroner's Inquests
- Health and Safety Investigations
- Expanding or enlarging a care home or seeking alternative use
- Dealing with residents, including the recovery of fees and other debts
- Corporate and partnership matters
- Acquiring or selling a care home, independent hospital or children's home
- Care home development projects
- LA Education and Healthcare Alert January 2013
- Access to Care Plans
- The New Disclosure and Barring Service
- Regulation and indirect regulation - slides from presentation made by Peter Grose on 20 September 2011
- LA Care Sector Team
- Local Authority Fee Freezes – Are They Lawful?
- OLM and fee reductions – the information commissioner backs care providers
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults – a toolkit for GPs
- The case of McDonald – Supreme Court approval of local authority cost cutting?