- Lester Aldridge LLP ("LA") is a limited liability partnership with registered number OC321318 and its registered office is Russell House, Oxford Road, Bournemouth BH8 8EX. (references to "us", "our" or "we" being construed accordingly).
- LA takes its Website users' privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. LA takes all reasonable care to comply at all times with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all applicable privacy laws.
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, LA is the data controller and our nominated representative is Karen Thompson, Compliance Partner.
- Individuals have certain rights of access to their personal data. Your rights of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing the information to you. Please contact online.enquiry@LA-law.com with any access requests.
- If you are aware or become aware of any inaccuracies or errors with regard to your personal information please let us know by contacting online.enquiry@LA-law.com.
1. Information LA may collect
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by registering and filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to the services provided under the Website, and requesting further services;
- if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data;
- personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information; and
- sensitive and non-sensitive personal data.
- By using this Website you consent to:
- LA contacting you by e-mail and or SMS with information regarding its goods and services and other goods and services which LA think may be of interest to you.
- You may at any time request that we stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Use of your personal data
- We use your personal data to provide various services to you (such as newsletters, email alerts and bulletins), to carry out database administration, to inform you of changes and improvements to our Website and services and for direct marketing purposes (to opt out of your data being used for direct marketing purposes please see clause 2.2 above).
- We may also use your personal data to monitor the use of the Website, to record traffic flows and to carry out research about its users' demographics, interests and behaviour, for the purposes of enabling us to better understand our clients and users of our Website.
- We shall retain your information for a reasonable period of time and in any event not exceeding any time period imposed by the law.
4. Disclosure and Confidentiality
- Subject to clause 4.2 we shall not disclose your personal data obtained through your use of this Website to third parties without your consent.
- LA reserves the right to disclose information where LA:
- is required to do so by law;
- has reason to believe that disclosing information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone who may be causing injury, interference or disruption to this Website, rights or property, or where anyone else's may be harmed by such activities;
- needs to do so for business purposes (for instance where LA outsource services or third parties process data for LA); or
- enters into a joint venture, or any part of LA's business is sold to or merged with a third party.
- We respect the confidentiality of our clients and Website users and we use systems to help keep your data secure, such as through the use of restricted usernames and passwords. Although LA has implemented security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information under its control, LA provides no warranty, representation or guarantee that such events will not occur.
5. Website Links
- This Website contains links to other websites which allow you to connect to third party websites. The links are provided as a convenient method of accessing information that may be of interest to you.
- Third party websites are beyond LA’s control and LA accepts no responsibility in connection with third party websites. Please pay particular attention to clause 2.2 of LA's Terms.
- Third party websites may have their own privacy policies different to those implemented by LA in respect of this Website. LA is not responsible for and does not guarantee the privacy policies or the security of third party websites.
6. IP Addresses and Cookies
- LA may collect information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of, but not limited to system administration, aggregating information and statistical and auditing purposes.
- An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when connecting to the internet. This information does not identify you personally.
- LA may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small piece of data or message that is sent from a web server to your browser and is stored on your hard drive. A cookie cannot read data from your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. Cookies help LA to improve its Website and deliver a better and more personalised service.
- You may refuse to accept cookies or be alerted as to when a cookie is being sent by activating the relevant setting on your browser. If you choose not to accept cookies this Website may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|Browser Session Cookie||ASPSESSIONID[uniqueID]||This cookie is set by the website when a user visits the site and is an essential cookie for the operation of the website||This cookie does not display any identifiable or tracking information and is deleted when the user closes their browser|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.||Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors utilise the sharethis feature on the website. No personal identifiable information is captured on sharethis unless you are prompted and manually provide this (such as email)||Click here for an overview of privacy at sharethis.com|
7. Communications Data
- LA may retain communications data (such as records of the websites you have visited, services you have used, email addresses to which you have sent messages, telephone numbers called, location data, and installation data) in accordance with the Retention Of Communications Data (Code of Practice) Order 2003 as amended from time to time.