Stephen Allinson - Consultant
Stephen has specialised in insolvency work since 1987, and has extensive experience in dealing with the full range of insolvency procedures. Prior to setting up his own consultancy in 2008, he was a Business Recovery and Insolvency Partner at a major law firm.
His client base includes all the major Insolvency and Recovery practices as well as significant national and international companies. In addition he has had much experience working for HM Revenue & Customs and The Insolvency Service on their recovery work.
Stephen has written a standard text on Debt Recovery, and was last year involved in the publication of a new text on Personal Insolvency. He has written numerous articles for legal journals and other business magazines and is a regular lecturer on insolvency and debt related matters to accountants, solicitors, bankers and credit managers.
- Associate Member of the Association of Property and Fixed Charge Receivers
- Technical Consultant to both Credit and Insolvency Today magazines
- Chairs the premier Insolvency and Rescue Awards scheme for the industry
- Deputy Independent Examiner for the Actuarial Profession
- Law Society’s elected representative on the Joint Insolvency Examination Board (which oversees the examination and appointment of new Insolvency Practitioners)