Roger Woolley - Partner
|Telephone||023 8082 7467|
Roger is a Partner and Chairman of LA. He is a commercial property lawyer and heads the Property Development team. He specialises in major development projects, including site acquisitions, financing, development agreements and construction documentation and disposals. He regularly advises on joint ventures and collaborations.
Whilst dealing with a broad range of development projects, Roger has a particular interest in waterside developments, acting for a number of ports and marina operators, and the Care Sector. He also deals with substantial and complex property transactions and property related projects on behalf of a range of clients across the UK.
Roger advises a broad range of clients – including developers, banks, port and marina operators, house builders and care home operators . His clients include Balfour Beatty; the Cavanna Group, McCarthy and Stone, Canford Health Care PLC and Care South.
- Ranked as a Leading Individual for Real Estate (Southampton and surrounds) in Chambers UK 2013
- Acting for a port operator in relation to development agreements for underground gas storage facilities and a power station
- Negotiating a collaboration agreement between house builders for a major residential development in the west country
- Advising a developer in relation to the development of a new health care manufacturing facility
- Negotiating a landowners’ agreement to unlock a mixed use development site and
- Acting for a care sector operator in dealing with the property aspects of a share purchase agreement where the main asset was a partially constructed care home
- Acting for a port operator in relation to a major harbour extension
Roger Woolley is head of the firm's property development team and his ''experience enables him to interpret clients' requirements rapidly.'' He acted for Balfour Beatty on its bid to design and build, as well as fit out, a new PMU for Torbay Hospital Trust.
Chambers UK 2013
Roger is recognised as a leading individual for his commercial development work.