Martin Pratt - Associate
|Telephone||020 7492 9808|
Martin advises employers and executives nationally and internationally on employment law issues. He assists companies, including large corporations, plcs, SMEs and owner managed businesses, and senior employees to get what they want out of the employment relationship by giving practical solutions to employment law questions. He advises and assists clients on such issues as resolving and (more importantly) preventing disputes about discrimination in the workplace, unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, transfers of undertakings, employee restrictive covenants, bonuses and team moves.
Martin is also an experienced trainer, giving in-house seminars to employers on diversity & equality, performance management, discipline and other labour law topics.
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (the RSA)
- Achieved a high value settlement via mediation for two senior City executives in a substantial whistleblowing claim against a multinational bank
- Advised an international architectural practice on a large scale collective redundancy exercise affecting several hundred people
- Successfully defended a major food manufacturer against a vexatious unfair dismissal and race discrimination claim
Back to service areas
"I can recommend Martin based on first-hand experience of his work. I found Martin to be and an excellent and knowledgeable lawyer. Martin has a business-like, no nonsense style, is focussed and to the point. He doesn't beat about the bush and he has the ability to cut through complexity. He delivers results based on evidence and good reasoning. His thorough professionalism is tempered by a personable nature. A skilled professional who cares about his clients."