Jenny Hermer - Head of Team
Jenny is a Partner and is head of the Property Litigation Team.
Jenny specialises in landlord and tenant and property related disputes. Her clients include national retailers, Europe’s largest privately owned marina group, international plcs, national governments, national developers and investors as well as private individuals.
- Jenny is a member of the Property Litigation Association
- Ranked (band 1) as a Leading Individual for Real Estate Litigation (Southampton and surrounds) in Chambers UK 2013
- Acting for a foreign government in securing possession of extensive and valuable real estate in central London, including Rent Act residential tenancies and business tenancies, to facilitate redevelopment
- Acting for an international plc in relation to a substantial dilapidations dispute involving complex issues relating to alterations, reinstatement and construction of the relevant lease clauses
- Acting for a high profile mediator to facilitate an industry wide mediation between key bodies and associations within the leased pub industry to try to resolve fundamental issues relating to the leases between the large property owning pub companies and their many tenants
- Acting for Europe’s largest privately owned marina group and dealing with all property litigation related to their portfolio
Jenny Hermer is "strong technically, very commercial in her approach and very responsive." Clients praise her ability to "maintain a calm and controlled manner whilst also holding her position and being ruthless where the situation warrants it." She leads the group and her entire practice is focused on property disputes.
Chambers UK 2012
"Undoubted star" Jenny Hermer is "best in her field on the south coast’".
The Legal 500 UK 2012
"…I have found Jenny Hermer to be the best source of specialist landlord and tenant litigation advice in the area. The advice is prompt, clear and commercial. Litigation management is strong with excellent control and administration standards”
Clive Holmes, Commercial Director, Marina Developments Limited
"Jenny has a pragmatic and client focused approach to property litigation; she provides clear and concise advice always with a balanced commercial view.”
Richard Bagley, Group Solicitor and Company Secretary of the Peverel Group
Back to service areas