Mark Benham - Partner
Mark is an experienced commercial property lawyer, advising a number of national and regional businesses, including national housebuilders, PLCs and national care home providers. He has a particular focus on the house-building and care sectors.
- Co-founder of the Bournemouth Property Association
- Ranked as a Leading Individual for Real Estate (Southampton and surrounds) in Chambers UK 2014
- The acquisition of a former MOD site in Greater London for the development of 80 residential units
- The disposal of 65,000 ft² factory premises in Hemel Hempstead by way of a lease
- Advising a care sector client on the property aspects of a share acquisition which involved a portfolio of over 100 care homes and care-related properties
- Advising an investor client on the disposal of a portfolio of 26 tenanted commercial properties and the shares in six SPV companies
Mark Benham acts for McCarthy & Stone. Peers say: "He is very good – one of their rising stars."
Chambers UK 2014
The ‘extremely knowledgeable and personable’ Mark Benham is ‘always on the end of the phone or available to meet at short notice’.
The Legal 500 UK 2013
"The quality of service and the speed within which responses/advices/instructions are provided are at the highest level. I very often impose unacceptable deadlines and have been totally satisfied with the reaction I receive. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mark, the Real Estate team and Lester Aldridge as a preferred business partner.”
Peter Morris, The Towergate Partnership